Friday, April 10, 2009

Style Watch- Wide Leg Pants



Ok, I'll admit, when my grandma got me some new wide leg brown pants, I thought it looked like it should belong in my dad's closet.  No lie.  Then I figured out how to play it off and make it look terrific!  So.  I made this outfit on Polyvore to demonstrate.


The wide legs and wedges are from Old Navy, one of my most favorite stores in the WORLD.  The top is from Miss Selfridge, also one of my favorite labels. The bag is from PacSun and the belt is Aero.

How to Wear it:
1. Find a pair that actually fits.  You want a nice, clean look that you can't achieve if you're wearing pants too-big at the waist.  Also, if you're my age (12) then you'll also want to have pants that you DON'T trip over. If you're wearing wedges, then it's fine to have pants that drape.  Actually, it looks better when it drapes.
2.  Find a good top.  When wearing these pants/jeans your legs will look longer, and your torso will look slim(because of the proportioning).  What you want to avoid is wearing tunics, babydolls, etc, with them, because it makes your bod look "fat" all around.  Wear tight tees and frilly/girly blouses with them, but if it is a tee, make sure it is patterned or else it will look boring.  
3. Tuck it in!  If possible, tuck in the shirt you are wearing with it, because it makes your middle look much tinier than it really is.  This also makes it look better.  Tighten with a leather or rope belt for effect.
4. Big bag it! Find a tote you love(no Veras, please) and use that to take your things around.

You can find some here:

0 comments on "Style Watch- Wide Leg Pants"

Post a Comment